About AHEC Scholars
AHEC Scholars is a program for health profession students interested in supplementing their education by gaining additional knowledge and experience in underserved settings. This is a longitudinal program with interdisciplinary curricula designed to implement a defined set of clinical, didactic, and community-based activities.
- Individuals interested in participating in the AHEC Scholars Program must:
- Be currently matriculated into an accredited allied health or health professional degree/certificate program; and
- Be interested in improving health quality of individuals in underserved healthcare communities.
AHEC Scholars Program Requirements:
- Each AHEC Scholar will be a part of an interprofessional team of students. Participants will be expected to work with a core group of patients to identify issues associated with social determinants of health, and propose potential solutions that will ultimately reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and emergency room visits. Each AHEC Scholar will be required to complete 40 hours of community-based experiential training per year.
- Additionally, each AHEC Scholar will be required to complete an online curriculum that address topics designed to augment patient care, including cultural competency, practice transformation, behavioral health integration, and interprofessional care coordination. Each AHEC Scholar will be required to complete 40 hours of didactic education per year.
Click here to apply!
Hudson Mohawk AHEC