SUNY Schenectady’s Office of Workforce Development and Community Education and Hudson Mohawk AHEC presents
June 4th: Course #1 Online Narcan training
|OASAS State Opioid Response Coordinator Skip Zimmerman|
- Goal #1: Identify a potential overdose
- Goal #2: Respond to a potential overdose
- Goal #3: Administer medication to temporarily reverse overdose symptoms
June 10th: Course #2 – Trauma Informed Care for Criminal Justice Professionals
|New York State Office of Mental Health Program Specialist 3 Rana Meehan|
- Goal #1: Recognize the prevalence of trauma.
- Goal #2: Recognizing how trauma affects all individuals involved with the program, organization, or system, including its own workforce.
- Goal #3: Responding by putting this knowledge into practice.
June 18th: Course #3- Adverse Childhood Experiences
|Elisabeth Marigliano, MSN, RN, PMHNP-BC|
- Goal #1: Describe Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the ACE study
- Goal #2: Examine the evidence which links chronic diseases in adults to processes and experiences occurring in early childhood.
- Goal #3: Identify the potential cumulative health risks associated with exposure to ACEs and toxic stress.
- Goal #4: 4. Describe resilience and strategies to help build resilience in individuals.
- Goal #5: Identify interventions to aid in preventing early childhood adversity.
June 25th: Course #4 – What’s Trending in Drugs? (What Changed)
|Hudson Mohawk AHEC Opioid Response Program Coordinator James Norton|
- Goal #1: Recognize the variations in synthetic/designer drugs
- Goal #2: Identify how, much like legitimate businesses, branding can affect perceptions on harms of substance use.
- Goal #3: Lean tangible take ways in responding to substance use disorders that keep with the evidence based responses of Prevention, Harm Reduction, Treatment, and Recovery.