Our continuing education programs are designed to respond to the training needs of professionals in our area. Learn more about our current programs:
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Waiver Training
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Waiver Training offers free Continuing Medical Education credits for Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician’s Assistants.
What is MAT?
- Medication Assisted Treatment is defined by SAMHSA as “the use of medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a ‘whole-patient’ approach to the treatment of substance use.”
- This MAT training is focused on the use of Buprenorphine in treating Opioid Use Disorder (OUD).
How can I get trained?
- Upcoming training: Catskill, NY – February 12, 2019
- Upcoming training: Albany, NY – February 22, 2019
- For more information about how to bring MAT training to your staff or community, contact us at 518.480.2432.
FREE Webinar: Addressing the Opioid Epidemic with Medically-Assisted Treatment
In 2017, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services declared a public health emergency to address the ongoing national opioid crisis. This crisis is currently affecting millions of Americans.
Join us to discuss treatment options for addressing the opioid crisis at the local level. Together, we will explore opportunities for the implementation of Medically-Assisted Treatment in primary care and other practice settings.
Click here to register.
Emergency Medical Services Training
To learn more about EMS certification classes in your area, go to our nyEMTinfo.com website by clicking on the link below: